How to set/change the currency and exchange rate?
If you'd like to track your finances in multiple currencies, Spendee is the right app for you! 😎You can set different currencies for each of your wallets, modify the exchange rate and see the transaction amounts in the main currency of your account as well!
Account currency 💶
In the settings of the app, you can set the main currency of your account. This means that the Wallets Overview and Timeline will display all your transactions in this selected currency (even though you have different wallet currencies).
Go to the "More" section in the bottom right corner → click on Main Currency → select your currency → the app will automatically recalculate all your transactions to the new currency. 🤖 You can also modify the account currency later.
Wallet currency 💵
The wallet currency may differ from the account currency. If you'd like to change the wallet currency, you should do the following: 👇
- Open your wallet
- Go to settings in the upper right corner
- Select your new currency
⚠️ Please note that in case you have got already some transactions in the wallet, you won't be able to change the currency anymore, and you will have to create a new wallet with a different currency. ⚠️
Transaction currency and exchange rate 💷
Last but not least, you can also create transactions in a currency that is different than your account and wallet currency. Imagine you've got a wallet in EUR and you want to add a transaction in USD currency with the custom exchange rate. In this case, you should do the following: 👇
- Open the wallet and click the add transaction button
- Select the category and fill in the amount
- Click the currency next to the amount (EUR in this case)
- Select the preferable currency (in this case USD)
- Once you do this, the pop-up screen will be triggered and you'll be able to modify the exchange rate. You can either keep the one that is automatically displayed there (we update it every 24 hours), or you can customize it (you can also select to remember this exchange rate for next time) → click the "confirm" button.
- Click the "Add transaction" button to save the transaction
You can notice the transaction is displayed in both EUR and USD currency. This is the expected behavior of the app. All transactions that are tracked in a different currency than your wallet currency will be also displayed in the wallet currency as well. 👀